Samantha Tarras, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Surgery (Clinician Educator)
Wayne State University School of Medicine
Medical students – general surgery clerkship, teaching rounds, outpatient clinic, OR, didactic presentations and oral exams for 3rd year medical students
Residents – Teaching rounds, outpatient clinic, OR, anatomy course, mock surgery oral board exams
Detroit Receiving Hospital
4201 St. Antoine, 4V-26
Detroit, MI 48201
Assistant: Cindy Luiz
SPECIALTY: Trauma; Surgical Critical Care
PRIMARY SITE: Sinai-Grace Hospital
OTHER AFFILIATIONS: Detroit Receiving Hospital, Harper University Hospital, Hutzel Women’s Hospital, and Karmanos Cancer Center
CLINICAL INTERESTS: Trauma, Surgical Critical Care
– American Board Surgery (Sub: Critical Care Surgery)
– Board Certified American Board Surgery – Board Certified
– M.D., Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI
– B.S., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
– Surgical Critical Care Fellowship. University of Michigan. Ann Arbor, MI
– General Surgery Residency. Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center. Detroit, MI
Pharmacologic stimulation of the nicotinic anti-inflammatory pathway modulates gut and lung injury after hypoxia-reoxygenation injury.
Tarras SL, Diebel LN, Liberati DM, Ginnebaugh K.
Surgery. 2013 Oct;154(4):841-7; discussion 847-8. doi: 10.1016/j.surg.2013.07.018.
Akt2 negatively regulates assembly of the POSH-MLK-JNK signaling complex.
Figueroa C, Tarras S, Taylor J, Vojtek AB.
J Biol Chem. 2003 Nov 28;278(48):47922-7. Epub 2003 Sep 21.